In Person Rigid Heddle Loom Mixed Level Workshop for Beginners & Improvers, Sunday 11th February 2024, 10am-4:30pm
I am super excited to have the talented Gillian and Emma run their Rigid Heddle Loom course here at Knit With Me. Their mission is to enthuse, encourage and support you on your exciting creative journey of producing beautiful unique textiles and you will leave the day course with a completed scarify, table runner or cowl.
This time we are running the workshop for both absolute beginners and improvers. We have both Gillian and Emma with us for the day so can accommodate different levels of knowledge.
The important headlines: if like me you are a lazy reader then the following six points are your minimum must know information before booking.
1. Let us know in the notes section of the booking page whether you are an Absolute Beginner or have done the Beginners Workshop already and are booking in as an Improver to learn more advanced pick up techniques.
2. Course runs from 10am to 4:30pm at Knit With Me in Richmond.
3. All equipment for the weaving class will be provided.
4. We will have a midday break for lunch so please bring some food with you. Tea, coffee, water and biscuits will be provided by yours truly.
5. With sufficient notice you can indicate a preference of yarn colours for the warp on your loom. Please add a first and second choice in the notes section of the booking page. If no preference is given then it will be luck of the draw on the day. See choices A through to I in course photographs.
6. The course will be run on the first floor of Knit With Me which is accessed via a spiral staircase. Also the toilets are in the basement, which you guessed it, are accessed via another spiral staircase. We require a minimum of 8 bookings for this course to go ahead. If we do not meet the minimum number of bookings you will be offered a new date or a refund.
Phew now that's done and if you wanna know more please do read on for the fun bits!!
During the day you will be taught about the rigid heddle loom and how to weave a basic tabby weave, or more complex pattern using a pick-up stick. All equipment and yarn will be provided and participants should be able to weave sufficient fabric to make a cowl, table runner or scarf which they will be able to take home for washing and finishing. How exciting right? No previous experience is necessary and Gillian and Emma are super knowledgable and patient. Just the perfect combo!
Information about Gillian Siggers and Emma Baker of TabbyandTweed
Gillian Siggers and Emma Baker are the weavers behind TabbyandTweed and together they run weaving workshops teaching others to weave on rigid heddle looms or small frame looms.
Gillian and Emma are passionate about weaving and alongside running workshops they also design, develop and make weaving kits. They sell entry level bookmark and square loom weaving kits to more advanced rigid heddle weaving loom kits. The weaving kits include a wooden loom, beautiful yarns and full instructions to enthuse, encourage and support the weaver on their exciting creative journey of producing beautiful unique textiles.