Knit With Me
In Person Improvers Knitting Workshop, Thursday 22nd & 29th February 2024, 6:30pm-8:30pm
The improvers knitting course is perfect for anyone who has completed the beginners knitting course and people who feel comfortable with casting on, knitting, purling and casting off. The class is also suitable for those who have more knitting experience but have only ever knitted flat, or those who don’t feel comfortable knitting in the round using the magic loop technique.
In this course we learn how to knit in the round using the magic loop technique whilst knitting a wonderful woolly hat.
What materials are provided?
-100g of Manos del Uruguay Maxima worsted weight yarn
-Circular needles and yarn for practicing with during the sessions
-Darning needles, scissors and tape measures for use in class
-Free gift for helping you knit in the round
What do I need to bring with me?
-A set of 5mm, minimum 32inch, circular knitting needles.
If you want to get a pair of needles from Knit With Me, just let me know in the note section when booking and I'll put them aside for you to collect and pay at the class.
What is covered in the improvers knitting course?
Session One – 2hrs
1. Discussion of project and magic loop technique.
2. Learn how to join cast-on stitches I and join work in the round using the magic loop technique
3. Discuss typical pitfalls with magic loop knitting and how to overcome them.
4. Learn how to knit ribbing
Session Two – 2hrs
1. Reminder of what we covered in session one
2. Answer questions arising from session one
3. Learn how to decrease your stitches for the crown of your hat
4. Learn how to finish your hat
5. Discuss how to block a hat
Important Information - The workshops take place upstairs in the shop which is accessed via a spiral staircase. The toilets are in the basement and are accessed, you guess it, via a spiral staircase. Finally we need a minimum of 2 bookings fo this course to go ahead. If we do not meet this minimum you will be offered a new date or a refund.