Knit With Me
WAIT LIST - In Person Beginners Crochet Workshop
Yay! You want to learn to crochet? I'm so super excited to hear that. You are absolutely in the right place. Please hit the "Notify Me" button nd add your email address to receive automatic notifications of when new dates are added to the website.
Read below to find out more about the workshop.
The Beginners Crochet Course is perfect for people with absolutely no prior experience or those who have not crocheted for a long time or lost their confidence and want a fun and relaxed space to remind themselves of the basics. Chloe is our resident crochet guru, she is a prolific crocheter who writes her own patterns. She is delightful, filled to the brim with crochet enthusiasm and knowledge and also had endless patience. Perfect yes?
During the course you will be shown the basic chain, double and triple crochet stitches whilst making some fingerless gloves. You will also learn to crochet in the round and start to make some rounds which can used as make-up remover pads or the beginning of a granny square.
What materials are provided?
● 21 page Beginners Crochet Course booklet including patterns for fingerless gloves, a granny square and a make-up remover pad
● Crochet hook and yarn for practicing with in the sessions
● A quality 5mm ergonomic crochet hook to take home with you, a ball of 100% extra fine merino yarn for making your fingerless gloves and a ball of 100% cotton for make-up remover rounds.
● Darning needles, scissors and tape measures for use in class
What do I need to bring with me?
● Just yourself and your enthusiasm to learn.
What is covered in the beginner’s crochet course?
Session One – 2hrs
1. Discussion of Projects
2. Learn to crochet a foundation chain
3. Learn the double and treble crochet stitches on practice materials.
4. Discussion of typical beginners’ mistakes and how to recognise them and correct them
5. Begin fingerless glove project.
Session Two – 2hrs
1. Reminder of what we learnt in session one
2. Answer questions
3. Learn to crochet in the round to make make-up remover pads or the basics of a granny square.
4. Discussion of finishing and blocking
Important information - The workshop takes place upstairs in the store which is accessed via a spiral staircase. Toilets are in the basement which are again, you guessed it, accessed via a spiral staircase. Also we need a minimum of two bookings for this class to go ahead, If we do not get enough bookings you will be offered a new date or a refund.