Knit With Me
WAIT LIST - Beginners Knitting Classes
I’m super excited that you are interested in learning to knit! Please hit the notify me button and enter your email address to receive automatic notifications of new dates when available to book.
Read below for details about the workshop.
The Beginners Knitting Workshop is perfect for people with absolutely no prior experience, or those who haven’t knitted for a long time or who have lost their confidence and want a fun and relaxed place to learn. During the workshop we learn all the basics of cast-on, knit, purl cast-off and creating buttonholes whilst making a cowl.
The below materials will be provided:
● Workshop videos and cowl pattern
● Circular needles and yarn for practicing techniques with in the sessions
● Set of quality driftwood circular needles to take home with you, and a ball of 100% extra fine merino Manos del Uruguay Maxima yarn for making your cowl
● Darning needles, scissors and tape measure for use in class.
Session One – 2hrs
1. Discussion of Project
2. How to cast-on using the knitted cast-on and long-tail cast-on methods.
3. How to knit
4. How to purl
Session Two – 2hrs
1. Reminder of the knit and purl stitch
2. Creating button-holes
3. How to cast-off
4. Finishing and Blocking
Important information - The workshop takes place upstairs in the store which is accessed via a spiral staircase. Toilets are in the basement which are again, you guessed it, accessed via a spiral staircase. Finally, we need a minimum of 2 bookings for this course to go ahead. If we do not meet the minimum you will be offered a new date or a refund.